The Informatics Nurse, utilizing clinical nursing knowledge, participates in the planning, design, build, testing, training, and implementation of clinical applications utilized by clients of ProviNET Solutions.
The Informatics Nurse identifies opportunities where the clinical information system can be utilized to optimize workflow for clinical processes. Leads and represents the clinician’s needs in the planning, designing, building, and implementation of the clinical information system.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Facilitation of and/or participation on organizational working groups assembled to focus on the transformation needs of the health care system in the implementation of the electronic medical record
- Engagement of clinical, ancillary, and physician leadership in the transformation process across the health care system and patient care settings
- Analyzes user clinical information system requirements and departmental information flows, assuring needs are accommodated in system design
- Review all change requests submitted by the clinical and ancillary users for the development and improvement of the electronic medical record. Escalating requests to the appropriate clinical and ProviNET groups for further review, discussion, and approval
- Assist appropriate clinical, ancillary, and physician resources in the review and modification of policies and procedures to assure alignment with regulatory guidelines. Ensure policies and procedures are developed and/or updated as necessary to coincide with the implementation of new clinical information systems functionality
- Facilitate or participate in the development of required reports needed for Quality Assurance and regulatory management of the data in the electronic medical care record
- In conjunction with the clinical and IT educators, facilitate in the development of appropriate training for implementations, both initial implementations and ongoing training. Also identifies and facilitates training of Super Users
- Provides post-implementation support to clinical staff and participates in ongoing enhancements to the system through before mentioned responsibilities
- Adheres to ProviNET’s policy on information security and confidentiality of all patient-related information and company data. Interfaces with Nursing Home personnel, medical staff, and outside resources to ensure systems integrity and security
- Attends and participates in various in-service and external training, workshops, conferences, and other relevant programs for professional growth and development
- Weekend, shift work, holiday, and overtime may be required pre and post onsite implementation phases of projects
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 50 pounds to a minimum height of 3 feet
- Performs related duties as required