The Financial EHR Consultant position plays a key role in the success of a customer’s software implementation. This individual will report to the Director of Software Services and is responsible for the successful implementation of various software’s at client sites.
The Financial EHR Consultant works in conjunction with the customer’s teams to configure various financial applications. This individual provides best practice consulting in the design and configuration of applications which will enhance the adoption of the solution at customer locations.
The Financial EHR Consultant must have strong attention to detail and be a consummate professional. This individual has the direct responsibility for researching and facilitating resolution of all implementation issues at the client site. The Senior Financial Implementation Consultant is responsible for assisting in the deployment of projects that may include a combination of software applications and related interfaces.
Summary of essential job functions
- Deploy financial applications into the senior healthcare market
- Create an application deployment plan tailored to the customer then work with the customer to successfully execute the plan
- Consult with associates in other business areas, identifying business requirements and translating those requirements into system specifications
- Act as a subject matter lead on EHR implementations, providing accurate and timely analysis, design, testing and documentation of complex systems tasks
- Work with customers and other team members to understand customer requirements.
- Prepare deployment plans, communicate to customer, and gain customer sign-off
- Configure, test and implement the software products in the field or remotely
- Investigate and resolve any implementation problems. Work with product management and development to define product enhancements that better serve our customers
- Ongoing knowledge of industry standards
- Communicate in a timely manner with customers and management
- Experience with Medicare and Insurance billing within EHR vendors including PointClickCare, MatrixCare or Netsmart MyUnity
- Experience with Home Health billing a plus
- Knowledge of Clinical workflows including MDS and other clinical tools driving payments
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making
- Knowledge of the role that the information technology department plays in the healthcare delivery process
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Demonstrates strong presentation skills and the ability to clearly articulate and communicate to an executive audience
- Takes direction well and requires minimal supervision
- Responsible for project success while relying on a team of resources which may not be directly reporting resources
- Assimilates and applies new job related information in a timely manner
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Must be able to push, pull, move and/or lift a minimum of 50 pounds to a minimum height of 3 feet